Sunday, August 17, 2014

Catching Up: The Chainsmokers

Honestly, I was not overwhelmingly impressed with The Chainsmokers' second release of original material, "Kanye." (I'm willing to overlook #Selfie, because it was a love/hate relationship... mostly only love because it was so bad yet so good... you know exactly what I mean.) Anyways, I don't really understand the basis of this song. The beats are good but the lyrics are pretty stupid. I respect the novel of a description that Drew and Alex of The Chainsmokers presumably wrote about the song, but if they wanted to have a song about "being yourself" and "doing you" then they could have just included lyrics more like that because I don't think that Kanye is the ultimate artist that represents doing whatever the fuck he wants and always getting away with it. He has plenty of "haters" but it's kind of for legitimate reasons, but whatever. It's not that I don't like him, it's just kind of a weird concept to me (weird celebrity worship kind of shit), but again, that's just me. They trimmed the track on soundcloud to a minute and a half (so you would be more tempted to buy it, I suppose) but this sample suffices for me, I think. See what you think:

The Chainsmokers - KANYE ft. Siren



I think I might forever prefer that The Chainsmokers just stick to their baller remixes. If you haven't heard the ridiculous original of "Drinking About You" then I don't know where you've been. Obviously, the subject is a bit depressing but you can't deny this remix is catchy af. The Jump Smokers' remix of this track was pretty dope too.

Bebe Rexha - Drinking About You (The Chainsmokers Remix)



Love Jose Gonzalez, and love that they decided to remix this track. The outcome is absolutely phenomenal! Need more remixes.

Jose Gonzalez - Step Out (The Chainsmokers Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment