Friday, August 29, 2014

Catching Up: The White Panda

The White Panda was one of my first mashup DJ obsessions in high school, so it's awesome to me to see how their work evolves and progresses, especially as they have been releasing more and more original remixes. (Side note: sophomore year of college I said hey to them after their show and then later hung out with them at a bar, nbd). So yeah, I love them.

I don't know if any of you were as obsessed as I was with Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek" in late middle school. The real mystery is actually what did she say?! I've been dying to know for like ten years now. I never did watch the OC, but I did catch that season 2 finale where Marissa shoots a firearm to this dramatic tune. More important, I mostly watched the SNL parody of that scene... many a time. Anyways, awesome remix of really just that classic line of the song here.

Hide & Seek ft. Audien (White Panda Edit)



Although there have been a shit ton of Disclosure remixes, I don't think I've heard a mashup of one of their tracks. As per usual, The White Panda brings some serious originality here in pairing "Latch" with "Cooler than Me" by Mike Posner. (Like, wut? Who thinks of that?) This is a fun track and I know you know all the words.

Cooler Than Latch (Disclosure ft. Sam Smith// Mike Posner)




Long live The White Stripes. I mean, even my dad loved them. And Meg White is a badass drummer. Pretty unexpected remix but nonetheless dope.

The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army (White Panda Reboot)



I love a good Flume track, and even more I think I love it with Kanye West even better. You may think that this song might have been forever marked as one of The Hangover themes, but no, this is awesome. P.S. I'm not getting a sig on my beeper.

Insane (White Panda Vocal Edit)

No comments:

Post a Comment