Thursday, August 21, 2014

Catching Up: Coldplay Remixes

I hate to be one of those cliche girls, but Coldplay honestly is one of my favorite groups of all time. They cut me deep. So naturally, since I dig the originals of their songs, I will probably like most of the remixes of them.

There were a lot of remixes of the already phenomenal "A Sky Full Of Stars," but I think something that was already so electronically based might be more difficult to play up and a lot of them I didn't really enjoy. Sultan + Ned Shepard's attempt transformed the song into a bit of a cheesy house jam that I felt didn't really work. It's hard to spin off from Avicii, I guess. On the other hand, I really must applaud Instant Party! for his baller remix of this track. For a song that I was convinced couldn't get any better, he really does give it that extra kick that it could use (ahem, BASS). I absolutely love when something good graduates to something even better and he does that in perfecting this track.

Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars (Instant Party! Remix)



Continuing with their latest album, Ghost Stories, comes the mystical remix of "Magic" by AlunaGeorge to which I am strangely drawn. It's kind of funky because it does feel like there are a lot of random things going on in this remix. However, I think it does work considering that she pretty much stripped Chris Martin's vocals from the original and did whatever she wanted with them. This remix evolves as it progresses and I really enjoy that aspect of it.

Coldplay - Magic (AlunaGeorge Remix)



Here we might find ourselves in "Trouble" (hehe) in going back to Coldplay's debut album, Parachutes. I love a good Royal Refix, and this one does not disappoint in the slightest.

Coldplay - Trouble (Royal Refix)

No comments:

Post a Comment