Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sock It 2 Summer

As per usual, The Hood Internet continues to kill it with one of their latest mashes. Also anything having to do with Missy Elliott is an automatic yes. Who could forget the fantastic video for the song featured in this mash, "Sock It To Me?" (When can I arrange to have a custom Transformers/Power Rangers suit like hers made? Because I want one.) She is a pioneer in weird, original badassery that continues to be seen in girl rappers/bosses today. Additionally, Missy is the reason that my sister and I fell deeply in love with Adidas tracksuits. I don't know how The Hood Internet had the genius to pair this with the ever soothing "Indian Summer" by Blood Cultures, but it works in magical ways that few could anticipate. I would really hope to say that I socked it 2 summer this year.

The Hood Internet - Sock It 2 Summer (Missy Elliott x Blood Cultures)

No comments:

Post a Comment