Thursday, August 21, 2014

Alison Wonderland

Sorry for all of these bulk posts but ok, so I first heard Alison Wonderland (props for the very clever name/mad hats off to Lewis Carroll) back in May with "I Want U" but didn't post anything for 3 months so yeah. But she just released "Cold" actual minutes ago. It starts off as pretty #dark with some Lido-esque sound effects but then evolves and goes down the rabbit hole into a deep electronic track. I really enjoy her open confessional in this track of the chorus that just repeats "I'm too cool for this." Maybe a little stuck up, but I kind of feel that too way in some situations so thanks for Alison Wonderland for getting that.

Alison Wonderland - Cool



If you haven't heard this song I don't really know where you've been. Kind of like teenage girl fantasy-esque who can't control her hormones in the lyrics but dope drops that are surprisingly fantastic.

Alison Wonderland - I Want U



Alison might be confusing herself with the Queen of Hearts in this track, which offers a repetitive yet oddly soothing chorus of "never tell me lies." I love the electronics of this track; they seem to come and go at the perfect times.

Alison Wonderland - Lies


Hoodboi calms down "I Want U" in this sick remix that gives the track a whole new feel.

Alison Wonderland - I Want U (Hoodboi remix)


On the other hand, GANZ freaks out with this remix, making it even bigger than it was and the drops even deeper. Who knew it was possible? Go GANZ.

Alison Wonderland - I Want U (GANZ Flip)




P.S. I'm quite unsure about the meaning behind the repeating "AA" on all of the album artwork... let me know if you have any ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment