Thursday, January 28, 2016

Ridin Round

Oh shit. This is real nice. One of those immediate love stories with a song where you know you're going to be obsessed for awhile and may or may not need to learn all the words and it'll probably be something that you will always appreciate. I always have a lot of respect for women who take on the hip hop industry and bring their own flair (can I say swag here?) into the game. Mind you, Kali Uchis is just 22 (my age, shit--what am I doing with my life again?) and she's absolutely slaying. First off all, with a title like "Ridin Round" you just can't go wrong.. then, when you get into the actual lyrics there's some fire in there that I just love... "I know I'm some shit and I'm cool with it" // "Fuck me over, I'll fuck you worse then take off to Japan".. uh, YES. Some people might call these kind of lyrics "aggressive" and I would have to disagree with them by countering that having confidence is just empowering.. try it. So, despite my post yesterday that denounced the original of songs after hearing a dope remix, I knew with this song that I needed to hear the original even though I heard the remix by oshi first. And, not surprisingly, the original was equally as good, just had some slower vibes. Some nice tracks right here.

Kali Uchis - Ridin Round ft. Tory Lanez (oshi redo)



Kali Uchis - Ridin Round



Also, FYI, Kali is a total babe of course:

No comments:

Post a Comment