Monday, October 20, 2014

Beggin For Thread Remixes

BANKS is pretty much golden these days. Her complete album Goddess, released earlier in September proffers a solidified sense of soul, in a less complain-y way than Lana Del Rey with a more concrete sensuality, but still keeps up the mystique. Of all the tracks, though, "Beggin For Thread" remains my absolute favorite (see original below). It's now one of those tracks that catches several DJs' attentions, for good reason.

Hotel Garuda clearly feels comfortable mixing this genre of music, but among their many Lana remixes, this one stands out as one of their best. Gryffin teams up with them to transform this track into something more upbeat than I could have imagined, but they seem to balance out the minor tones pretty well. See what you think:

BANKS - Beggin For Thread (Gryffin & Hotel Garuda Remix)



This remix by Bag Raiders actually caught me completely off guard in the best way possible. This duo hasn't been releasing much lately and I feel like for them to remix a song as popular as this is kind of a big deal, but whatever. (Side note: I will never be over their out of this world track "Shooting Stars"... I always find myself going back to it.) This remix is an example of their amazing exploration in all things electronic and I hope to hear more remixes from them soon.

BANKS - Beggin For Thread (Bag Raiders Remix)




BANKS - Beggin For Thread

No comments:

Post a Comment