Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Reichpop

It can be confusing sometimes to have such varied interests in terms of music because Wild Nothing is perhaps the exact opposite of all the electronic stuff I've been posting recently, but I still love them. I've been listening to them since 2010 and it's been awesome to hear how their sound has changed (still love "Chinatown" and "Wait"). It's nice to embrace such a plethora of tunes and their distinct types or classifications, which I've found to be constantly dissolving or morphing into other things as time goes on. We're pretty much spoiled now by having such liberal access to jams! Moving on... this upbeat track is the latest from Wild Nothing and, as the title suggests, there is a bit of "pop" involved, which I really dig. Anything with xylophones, really, please sign me up. I also enjoy the little laser sounds throughout the song and I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of Wild Nothing's album Life of Pause (great title), due out February 19.

Wild Nothing - Reichpop

No comments:

Post a Comment