Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Made In Heights

I have so much love and respect for groups that come out with original material, because I feel like a large majority of everything else that's being released right now is just a remix of someone else's work. (If you aren't a frequent reader, I obviously respect remixes as well, but coming out with something that speaks for itself is a pretty impressive feat.) Anyways, I've been meaning to post Made In Heights (Sabzi + Kelsey Bulkin) for awhile now and have been listening to "Ghosts" and "Panthers" since they were released this fall. Kelsey's milky voice gets an amazing R&B/hip-hop layer added to it through Sabzi's production and these songs create a wonderful dissonance that's simultaneously soft and rough at the same time in a way in which one would never think to do but works flawlessly. I love the raw originality and talent of this duo and can't wait to hear more of their work! Stay high, stay fly.

Made In Heights - Ghosts



Made In Heights - Panther



PS- I absolutely love the sassy, eye-rolling album artwork for this one. Props. 

No comments:

Post a Comment