Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Silver Lining

I first heard of First Aid Kit when they covered Fever Ray's "When I Grow Up" flawlessly with their smooth angelic voices (see below; the accompanying stop motion video that someone did for it is pretty cool too). Anyways these Swedish beauties/Free People poster children are back, this time with a very folkish/almost 70s sounding country western track, "My Silver Lining." Their sound is so refreshingly unique especially in today's standards of pop and what not. The lyrics of this track are pretty inspirational and powerfully positive to reinforce any trickle of hope you may have to just keep on keeping on. I'm excited to hear their upcoming album, Stay Gold, due out June 10 (also curious about the silver/gold combo...?).

First Aid Kit - My Silver Lining




First Aid Kid - When I Grow Up (Fever Ray Cover)



"Too much time spent on nothing, waiting for a moment to arise..."

I love this little stop-motion video!

***Bonus: You are probably already familiar with this track because it's pretty old but I still love it. Beautiful remix.

First Aid Kit - Winter Is All Over You (Baauer Remix)


No comments:

Post a Comment