Friday, February 26, 2016

In The Morning

Oh, ZHU, love you long time. And I mean, like, since 2012 long time. When I was clearing through my filthy iTunes library on my almost 6 year old computer, I came across some old school ZHU remixes from back in the day. Let's just say he's come far; it's incredibly cool to see how his style has developed and how he's really come into his own. That said, I missed posting his more recent tracks when I was MIA from the blog world, but this one is hot off the hard drive (did I just say that?) and it absolutely slays. It was actually the first thing I listened to this morning and it was just too fitting. I'm still not quite clear on whose voice he uses, but I always love those whispery tones and when it deepens into that ransom caller voice (what? you know what I'm talking about). The way that the piano and guitar instrumentals are integrated into his signature synth style is fantastic. It's definitely a completely different style from the other "In the Morning" I know by Nick Drake, but nothing like a little dirt and grime to kick off the weekend. Going to be listening to this one for a while, duh.

ZHU - In the Mornig

No comments:

Post a Comment